Wednesday 15 January 2014

The I'm-Supposed-To-Be-Decorating-My-House Wishlist

We've made it through another Hump Day! I can't believe it's Wednesday already... This week is flying in! 

Hubs and I have made a pact to invest money in our house this year rather than spend our pennies on frivolous things.  Our house is a new-ish build - only 8 years old - so nothing needs fixed or replaced, but there's a few rooms that need our personality stamped on them.  

We're making our guest room a second lounge (with a sofa bed for when people do stop over), having a whole new kitchen fitted and hopefully, refitting the ensuite and guest bathroom but that will probably slip in to 2015! 

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have some decor ramblings on here at some point, but today's post is still going to focus on the frivolous things! 

Since majority of my spare money will be going towards the house, I've decided to make a Wishlist of things I'd like to buy this year and limit myself to buying 2 things per month from the list.  This way, I can take some time to appreciate what I already have and make our house perfect for us - win-win! 

So, with the help of Polyvore, here is my 2014 Wishlist...

Wish list





I've run out of 'work' lip balm (a cheaper one that can be thrown around in my bag/lost under the desk) so the EOS is on my list to try, I just have to decide what smell/flavour(?) to get! The current vote is for Strawberry Sorbet, but I'm open to suggestions!  

Talking about lovely smelly things - my Yankee Candle (Soft Blanket) is on it's last burn.  I don't think any other candle spreads the smell through the room as well as Yankee, so there's no other choice for me and a replacement is definitely at the top of my list. 

I've been coveting the Diesel Loverdose perfume since Christmas, when I was supposed to be shopping for other people and stopped to have a sniff!  I'm planning on this making it's way into my bathroom but I've just received some Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Valentino Valentina for Christmas, so I'm going to enjoy these (and the stash of other scents on my shelf!) before adding any more. 

The Remington hair wand I'm hoping will inspire me to do something more with my hair than wear it straight down or tied up.  Wands are supposed to be easier and quicker to use than proper tongs, so this sounds like the best option for lazy little me!

Black strappy sandals and ripped boyfriend jeans have been on my clothes list since last year, but I didn't find quite the right ones so they're still on the list.  I have a lot of outfit inspiration for these two things, so I need them in my life. I'm thinking the Homies tee will suit quite nicely with these too (plus, this tee makes me smile every time I see it!). 

Ray-Bans! I have brown ones, I would love some black mirrored ones.  In my opinion, these are the perfect sunglasses. The only downside to this one is that we don't get enough sunshine up here to justify another pair of sunglasses!  These might be near the bottom of the list because of this.  We need more sunshine! 

Kiehl's Avocado Eye Treatment and YSL Touché Éclat are necessities - I'm going to be *gulp* 26 in March.  I haven't seen a wrinkle yet, but no doubt they are on their way and it's time to take action. 

I have never owned a pair of Converse - I feel I'm missing out.  I keep seeing gorgeous outfits with these shoes featured and they look sooo comfortable. I'm thinking they would be perfect for strolling round Cancun and Isla Muerjes in April... Plus, I had a pair of white pumps from New Look (£6!) that the cat has recently destroyed (she threw up in them because she was scared by us drilling holes in the wall - poor puss), so there is now a white pump shaped hole in my wardrobe.  

Finally - the Louis Vuitton Neverfull in Damier Ebene.  This bag has been on my list for the past 3 years but for some reason, it keeps being pushed to the back of the queue. I've bought 6 bags since the Neverful came on my radar and every time I've still found myself pining after it.  So, my only handbag ambition for this year is this baby and I will not allow my head to be turned by other bags until I have it in my hands! 

So, there we have it - my simple Wishlist.  I'm sure there will be the odd impulse buy dress, top or shoes, but I really am going to try and be more considered about my purchases.  I'm going to try and think that every dress I don't buy will be another cupboard for the kitchen or a lamp for the guest room. 

What's on your Wishlist this year?  Have you got an item that must?  Leave me a comment and let me know. 

Aimee x





No comments:

Post a Comment