Sunday 8 December 2013

Boats and Christmas Parties

Okay, so usually you don't hear 'boats' and 'Christmas parties' in the same sentence, never mind in the title of a blog post, but that's what's on my mind this weekend.

Boats, because last night I spent the night sleeping on a boat.  Well, a yacht.  This one in fact...




This is a terrible photograph of me, but I felt I had to include it as it really sums up the general experience of last night.  The white boat shoes because I would fall overboard in my heels.  The big (faux) fur coat because it was the only thing warm enough that I had in my car and I'd forgotten to pack anything sensible!  (I would never usually pair my white pumps with a big fluffy coat, honest!) Not to forget the soaking wet, fluffy, bedraggled hair because it was too windy for an umbrella to stop up. Oh, and the look on my face pretty much says what I was thinking: 'Please can we go home
now?'.

The boat belongs to my in-laws and is moored in Troon, Scotland (Where is Troon?).  This is a beautiful little seaside town and would, I imagine, be perfectly idyllic in the summer months.  However, last night it was blowing a 60mph wind, raining cats and dogs and the amount the boat was rocking back and forth has left me still feeling like I'm moving, even though I've been back on dry land for 5 hours!

Although I'm not refusing to set foot on the boat ever again, I think I will be waiting for some calmer weather before I make the next visit!

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night but thankfully, the second part of our Scottish holiday weekend has a little more luxury in store, with a stay at Cameron House, Loch Lomond (full review coming soon!).  A quick shower and a nice fluffy robe and I feel human again!



Alongside the constant thought of 'I'm off the boat now, why am I still swaying?' my brain is also focussing on my work's Christmas Party. Or, more specifically, the fact that I still don't have an outfit for said party, which is taking place in 2 weeks time!

I always reach for a nice simple body con dress, a pair of killer heels and a cute handbag, but this year I want to do something different and jumpsuits/playsuits keep coming in to the equation.



1) Asos - £40, 2) Warehouse - £50, 3) Asos - £50

My main worry about taking the leap into the world of all-in-ones is that my legs are a little bit short and my torso is a little bit short, so I'm worried that, with nothing to separate the two things, I might just end up looking... Well, short!

So, what do you think??  Are you in the 'yay' or 'nay' camp when it comes to play/jumpsuits?? Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

Aimee x






No comments:

Post a Comment